The below SEVEN tips should explain why you should embed videos into Facebook over YouTube:
- Better Results: When compared to offsite video links, videos directly uploaded to Facebook has 2.5X higher CTR, 3.5X lower CPC, and images are 11X larger than links to offsite video, ensuring your brand gets noticed in the News Feed.
- Comprehensive metrics to understand how well your video is performing: You will now be able to see in-depth metrics such as video views, unique video views, average duration of video viewed, audience retention graph, video views to 25%, 50%, 75%, 95% and 100%, cost per video view, and clicks to play video. These metrics will help you better understand how your videos are performing on Facebook so you can make informed decisions about your current and future campaigns. If you embed a video from another video player or link to a video off Facebook, you will have much more limited data to help evaluate and optimize campaigns.
- Call-to-Action button to drive action after a video view: With Video ads, you can drive people offsite with call to action which appears at the end of the video; With YouTube video link ad, people will only be directed to YouTube.
- Video ads Re-targeting: You can re-target viewers of your videos with native Facebook video ads – no pixels required. You can show a re-targeted ad to people who have viewed a video after the initial campaign collects at least 1,000 paid video ad views in one day (but you will need to be white-listed). The re-marketing ad can either be another video continuing your brand story, or a link ad driving people to convert (down your marketing funnel from brand awareness for conversion).
NOTE: For premium Video Ads, advertisers have to wait until the campaign ends before they can re-target.
- Optimised for views: Using CPM bidding and choosing the “Video Views” objective, we optimise for the cheapest video views while video link ad is optimised for engagement only; we are seeing very competitive and cost effective CPV (cost per view) now.
- Auto-play function for organic views: Only videos uploaded directly to Facebook will automatically begin playing. Videos from Instagram will automatically begin playing, too. Videos from YouTube will not automatically play.
- You can customise thumbnails for your Facebook native video. If you use different thumbnails for different target audiences, video view will improve significantly.