Certainly it is one of the best jobs out there. You get to engage with others and share helpful content all day long. But what is a Social Media Manager job really like from day-to-day?
- Well, that’s the important first point: It can take all day.
Full-time social media managers take on a huge number of tasks, and the time involved can grow exponentially along with the scale of the strategy.
- First thing first is strategy.
Figuring out the why behind using social channels and the who and the how is one of our most important jobs. We won’t get far without this.
- Measuring is different depending on goals.
Some goals are concurrent, i.e. blog, email lists, conversions that generated a call or consultation, social media metrics such as liking, sharing, etc.
- Getting clients to understand that social is an extension of their voice.
At its core social media is mainly a tool to engage, communicate, connect etc.
- If you are not in the trenches, it is hard to grasp.
The work that goes in to being an effective social media manager is immense. The knowledge and time commitment which social media managers and are providing to a company (or a solopreneur), thus validating the pay an experienced and skilled social media digital advisor may ask before commencing work.
- The importance of understanding the nuances of each channel and what tools to use.
This is not something we need to discuss at the pub, but we do need to internally interpret SEO analysis, and understand big picture marketing goals, the necessary behind the scenes implementation plan and much more.
- There is so much to managing social media.
Whether it’s for yourself or for another person/company/department; the use of tools manage and save a ton of time.
- We are anywhere from 3-30 people in one:
1 person for updates; 1 person for engagement; a team of people for support, response, and happiness.
- We love ‘queues’
Queuing content from a blog, content from other sites, and miscellaneous announcements and inspiration is all part of an ongoing growth and engagement plan.
- We do better when we are engaging the community
Whether it’s through questions, hosting a weekly Twitter chat, or answering comments and replies these are core tasks that we take care of.
All in all, up to thirty Social Media Franchisees will have their hands in social media management any given week for Social Media Business Boosters.
Latest posts by SMBB Admin (see all)
- Advertise on Instagram – The Complete Guide to the Latest Announcement - 1 January 1970
- Get Started With Podcasts Today - 1 January 1970
- Instagram Growth Slowing - 1 January 1970